10.17.2009

positive pointing #29


I'm thankful for little ones.
After seeing "Where the Wild Things Are" last night, I am throughly enchanted, once-again with the perspective children have of the world. not because their perspective is so pure and innocent--they are little sinners also. and sneaky little buggers too--but because it's so different from the average, logical adults.
they are effortlessly simple, honest and playful
in a way that adults can never be
either because we forgot how to be
or because we learned not to be.
i'm not sure if it's bad to leave those things behind.
i don't think it is.
but it was fascinating to me to sit in the theater last night and remember exactly how the inside of a cardboard box USED to look like to me--it wasn't a box. it was pure possibility-- and what it felt like to just sit inside a tent that I had just made; to collect all my books, some games and dolls and a lamp or two and then just sit there, utterly content.

that box, that tent, my home, my mother--this is the difference between adults and children i think--was my entire world.

2 comments:

kate said...

You did it again Kyrie-filled up a little white empty square with words expressing simple wonderful things in a profound way. Your words stop me dead in my tracks so that I can almost hear you all from not so long ago running around the house with your heads full of ideas and your arms trailing materials on your way to make something grand!

annie said...

i love your words, karh.

and that's my door!

(word verification: flubbin)