8.25.2009

positive pointing #5

Today I'm thankful for mangos. Last night I made a salad with spinach, walnuts, chicken, tomatoes and mangos. Because I bought only one mango and quite a large volume of everything else, the mango chunks were spread a little thin. During lunch today I was eating the leftovers and was thinking dismally, 'You know, this salad isn't very good', totally forgetting that there were mangos in it. (I was looking off our balcony, not at the bowl or I probably would have noticed the few bright orange slices waiting there.) Nothing had punch or kick or really any fighting spirit. Then I took my next bite and knew I'd found my good thing for August 25th.

Thank God for sweet things, fruit and otherwise.

5 comments:

kate said...

very cute.

Michael Kendall said...

Kyrie I love this.

Damien said...

man that mango looks good.

Sienna said...

i know what you mean about finding the right thing for the good bite.. yesterday I remembered the rosemary you had planted and it has transformed my omlets and my rice and beans!

woohoo!

Guzman said...

Love the point! I was looking for a mango image and google gave me that mango. So I start reading what's this blog and I really liked it. In my blog I've start pointing positive points of my days. Thanks!