8.21.2009

positive pointing #1


I have decided, in an effort to stay posative, to post something good about my situation in life everyday. I'm hoping that, while i dig for something good, I'll find tons of things and then i won't, as I'm prone to do, see what is not good. I think I've become quite good at it. I want to always be able to take joy and delight in little things and to not let bad things discourage me so much. I know there are mountains of happy things just waiting to be uncovered. I just have to stop and point at them and thank God for giving them to me. My posts will be however big or small. Just something. And maybe, just maybe, I can resist my selfish inclinations and be happy that there is a tree planted right outside my bedroom window that is a most ferocious shade of green and provides a perfect lump of shade to park my car under so that it dosen't melt the skin off my body when I get into it.

and there is number one.

3 comments:

Taryn Lamp said...

what a great idea. i look forward to seeing all your good happy things.

linnea said...

Girl, you are a sweetie!

kate said...

my dear darling girl-first, "positive" with an i (gracious)...secondly, a mighty bleak picture there at the top of your blog!! Thirdly, splendid idea for your blog. xxoomomers.