8.24.2009

positive pointing #4



so today, i got my first real reminder of school: early mornings. It has been an INCREDIBLY long time since I've risen before 7:00 a.m., stumbled into the bathroom across the hall and confronted Tired, Sleepy-Looking Kyrie. I haven't seen that girl for ages. We don't really get along that well. Her hair is so wierd looking.

That's not my good thing though. the reason i got up this morning is my good thing: I helped Robin clean houses today. And that's a really good thing cause this girl loves to clean. Organizing is my favorite kind of cleaning but any old cleaning will do. Today I got to dust and vaccum. So that was good. But what's really great is I got TWO twenty dollar bills for doing it. My whole work day was over by 10:30 a.m. (which is when I am more accustomed to getting up). And one of those twenties went to buying some groceries for myself.

so, recap:
1. got to clean
2. got paid to do it.
3. was able to eat because of it.

my cup overfloweth.

3 comments:

kate said...

pax and i got a good chuckle over this post.. He is on his way to ninth grade-first day!

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

ah! thats crazy.

Sienna said...

oh i liked this one!

First b/c I got paid yesterday too and was able to go grocery shopping too and i totally understand that joy!!! 2nd b/c this blog has inspired me to start a notebook of my own titled "positive pointings". It sits on my coffee table and each morning I write in it.

thank you for pointing me.