9.08.2012

Would you like the grand tour?


Yes, that's Nutella on our breakfast table. Eric and I realized this morning that breakfast has no dessert. We decided to change things. (I didn't bother doing the dishes for you. We're good friends, right?)



I know Nate Berkus says NEVER to have an office in your bedroom. But you know, whatever.  I'm thrilled to pieces that we actually have room for "an office." Maybe I'll even use it. Side note: Pittsburgh has blessed us with zero closet space. Say hello to vacuum cleaners just hanging out like it's a house plant. What to do, what to do.



My Tobi, and my (little) Dad and my Amazing Grace perfume (til the end baby.) And that's my wedding bouquet. I honestly can't decide if it's too "Great Expectations" to keep my wedding bouquet but it's so stinkin meaningful! I can't throw it out, right ?


 There are some things I care about and some things I do not. I do not care about hanging things evenly. Obviously. I do care about a supporting local artists (Eric's friend from Denver did the top white piece. mmhmm.), frozen butterflies, red handkerchiefs on women's heads, sexy flower petals and the girl family pieces.


Eric spent one of our first weekends here putting together this headboard while I was out of town. (what!?!) It's absolutely gorgeous. Reclaimed wood and the whole bit.



 The lover bookshelf.
Top: My aunt and uncle on their wedding day. Middle: my parent's engagement photo. Bottom: Eric and I on our 1st anniversary trip.



This door knob may or may not be the ENTIRE reason that we chose this apartment. 



 You might have thought we had central air or something fancy like that until this picture came along: two fans within six feet of each other. Gotta say, I'm so proud of my Denver boy for being so graceful with this heat and humidy. He's really knockin it out of the park. Only occasionally has a melt down (now that i think about it, almost literally.) where his eyes get all wide and throws his hands over his head "THIS PLACE IS SO FREAKIN HOT!" but yeah otherwise, very graceful about it.




The man himself. (His handiwork on the wall behind the couch. I'm so pumped to finally have enough wall space to hang his  g o r g e o u s  prints. In our last place they were tucked out of sight behind a book shelf. Saddest story ever told. )

9 comments:

chalice said...

how do i even comment on this without being all "sdkjaweighskjdfksjdlhgslfiuaes!!!"

i don't know.

o ma' goodness! i enjoyed this more than you even know. made my whole saturday.

way to cozy up the pitts. ...which i'm starting to think we can drop that name because it looks like pitttsburgh is startin' to do yall right.

i love you and eric so much.

linnea said...

Wow, I am really impressed. Your place looks so grown up and stylish!! I love everything about it. Place looks super cozy and very nicely laid out and organized. Thanks for posting these pics. I really like having a visual to imagine you living your daily in Pittsburgh. Also, it sort of just really dawned on me : KYRIE IS MARRIED. Is that weird? It just kind of hit me seeing these pics of your matrimonial bliss.

Damien said...

can't wait to let kate know about this little tour! (she's in annapolis for the day.) your place is such an eye pleaser. chalice needs to do this same thing for friends and fam out here in cyberspace.

Damien said...

well this was fun-i wrote all about what i liked in each of these photos -then i lost the message-s onow you just get a general statement like-wow-i love this but i will re say that i love the masterpiece hanging over the couch and trhat you have grandma anne on display and little dad!

-mom

Sienna said...

i wike the wittle butterfly print(!!)

Charlotte said...

So fun. It's like DS Sneek Peaks with people I know! I'm gonna do the same for all my far-flung family. Thanks for coming back into the blogosphrere.

Mary Hendrickson said...

Love your new house! Oh my gosh! I'm so excited for you guys- you truly deserve this! I hope we can come visit you both one of these days. We're gonna be in NC for the week of Thanksgiving- how far is that from you guys?? :)

Hannah said...

oh my goodness your place is so cute, organized, cozy and I love all of the art pieces! thanks for posting :)

-hannah t

Unknown said...

I appointed an especially keen eye to inspect your bookshelf for potential stolen goods, ones that somehow slipped under my nose. A slimy scheme into forcing your return to CO by way of resolving a theft.

-- Charles