10.13.2009

positive pointing # 28


i'm thankful forthe crunch crunch of yellowbrown leaves on my walk to and from my front door. Each foot fall is a photo. These color schemes are genuis! who thought of these colors? and to put them together? and to cover earth's floor with them at the same time every year?

my maker.

I'm thankful for the repetition. every fall is the same. leaves litter the floor. the sound is the same. it reminds of being ten in the fall, being fourteen in the fall, being at home, being at the neighbors, being a freshman in college, being in philadelphia--the shuffle, crinkle never changes. I could use some constants.

3 comments:

Damien said...

speaking of your maker, i just watched this phil keaggy songon youtube. lynn wingard had it posted on facebook.

and hallelujah for yellow ginkgo leaves!

faith said...

Those are so pretty!

James M. Harrison said...

Thanks, Kyrie. Eagerly awaiting the gingko leaves here in WNC.