10.01.2009

positive pointing(s) #26



good goodies from my poppy!
look closely people. click on it. you'll want to see it all.

of special note:

  • The Satorialist--THE BOOK. that is my red bull. page after page of yum.
  • two carved coins made into necklace pendants. super cool. Carved so only the profile of the face is left framed in a nice circle.
  • MadeByHank purple pencil case which i have showed off nonstop since it landed in my purse "look at this! my dad got it for me. admire it!!"
  • five couplets of glittery, feathery magnetic little birds to stick in any corner that needs brightening. oh. who knows me better than my father?


Eric sewed (yes.) me this pillowcase with fabric he found at a thrift store. is it not glorious?


my sweet gift from sienna. a true piece of herself thats fit for me.


Henry's mom gave me sunflowers last night! I'v never seen myself as a sunflower person and now, with them on my green piano, i suddenly am. we're getting along so well!

11 orange roses from my eric. not a dozen. The 12th one exploded off it's stem in Eric's rush to give them to me; caught the edge of the car door and face-planted into the pavement. sad but true.

and now, I am twenty one.

8 comments:

faith said...

What fun.

kate said...

the little magnetic birdies are from me!! xo

linnea said...

wowow! Look at all the goodies! Your parents love you very much!

This has inspired me to write about my mom's box!

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

mom!! why didn't you tell me?? i love those things!!

Sienna said...

okay there are ENTIRELY TOO MANY THINGS wanted to explode out into this comment about this post!!!! BUT first of all your room is the most heavenly piece of space i have seen for ages!!! may you pretty pleaes come and make mine such a haven of rest and lovely colors and books and fabric? Please? Now? If not now ... in Jan you can come and just do the apt. Michael and I will live in and I will be happy forever b/c you make any space a haven... alright now that that's out of the way...

1. Papa is AWESOME!! those bird magnets... adorably beautiful! sheesh. love them so so much. and that dear little "made by hank" bag is absolute gold...i treasure my so much. The satorialist book!! ... this man is amazing!!!!

2. Where the HECK does Eric come from? Some wonder world where all men truly amazing and genius and full of the most romantic ideas and gestures come from??? Yes. I think so. The pillows melt my heart... if he ever feels like melting mine.. that's a sure fire way!

3. That green shelt/bookshelf/bookcase thing. If I had a blog titled "positive pointings" lets just say that would be 1-20.

4. The blue dresses. just kill me now... b/c if i don't have that it's just not worth living. :)

5. all the little decor pieces and frames on your blue dresser. you're just amazing... truly! I really just can't express it enough here except to say please come save my room and my future home.

IT NEEDS YOU!!!

Sienna said...

*the blue dresseR

Sienna said...

ooppps.. mom, I LOVE THOSE BIRDIES!!!

linnea said...

Sienna, I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..that blue dresser is just SO perfect. Funny thing is that:

#1. My sister ALSO has a blue dresser that I am so envious of.

#2. Those are the EXACT words I constantly use in describing my sister's home. HAVEN. She just makes it wonderful. I mean, she had only lived in her apartment for 2 weeks and it already is like a heavenly spot where I feel immediately comforted. It smells good, looks good...heck it even TASTES good.