9.12.2009

positive pointing #19


I'm thankful for a ceiling of grey clouds that made morning last all day. It gave my eyes a rest and allowed me a long, crisp run this morning that I've been sorely needing. It reminded me how cozy it feels to pull sleeves down over my hands upon stepping one foot out the door; the instant reflex that will shortly be followed by gloves being pulled on or slipping back inside for another layer or warmer socks. I'm thankful that winter comes slowly and allows us to adjust, to accept, to prepare for and embrace nature's chilly change of pace.

4 comments:

kate said...

you are a chip off the old block putting spectacular pictures with your spectacular words-your gifts in art and design are shinning through.

kate said...

in everything give thanks-that could be the title of your blog too ya know.

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

that's good---i just took away a title altogether cause 'the road that i must travel' was sounding so laborious.

Sienna said...

oooh this post makes me want to speed down my drive way and race as fast as i can to the nearest shopping center and find me a cozy sweater.

a big one.