9.10.2009

positive pointing #17


I'm thankful that I came aross this website the other day and the seemingly endless feast (check out the archive list) it provides for my eyes. The successful mixing and blending of texture, color, pattern delights my core--on paper or the body. This site is stocked full of beautiful photographs of absolutely satisfying blends. It is an affordable, yummy treat from the cyber cosmos. It reminds me that we are all little creators walking around, imitating the true Creator, with brilliant ideas buzzing in our heads about how to put clothes on ourselves that can really turn out to be truly dazzingly.
And then I hit something: I know why and how we dress beautifully! I know the reason why anything is beautiful. Because I know the author of beautiful. He made it. He invented it. That's why I'm aware of the concept and appriciate the way that legs look in black stockings with a pair of shiny heels. The delicate glow of skin next to a pile of gold bracelets. He made it to look that way. So I could look at it, enjoy it and know something about Him. Isn't that a happy thought? I know the secret behind every perfectly cropped jacket and every classy pair of sunglasses.

I'm thankful that he didn't put me in a dusty, colorless planet where everyone wore white jumpsuits. See, now arn't you thankful?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Dear Kyrie,

Your positive pointings are always great and I love reading them. Thank you for posting them.

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

sarah, thanks for reading! it gives me so much motivation for posting when i know people are enjoying it and tell me so. i should just post because I need to but people paying attention to my ramblings adds a little thrill in the mix. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me that He is the inventor of beauty. It makes me realize how His whole plan involves restoring all of the brokenness and ugliness in our world back to beautiful. Back to fixed.