9.08.2009

positive pointing #16


Tonight I'm thankful for Bob Marley. His songs sort of feel like the gospel message made into a rhythm. My day had been beige. It had been filled with unexciting things like bad breath, squinting, sweaty feet, uneven fingernails and tired smiles. Things that make me feel throughly unglamorous; that make me feel not on top of the world but carrying the weight of it either. The evening was drawing to a creeping, indecisive end. Bob Marley's tunes slipped into the sound waves. My day toppled into good. I could hum and dance alittle as my egg sizzled contentedly on the stove and my newly-bared feet slapped around the kitchen floor.

There's a bit of summer tucked in every song; some sunshine and sand and a little breeze.
Listen for yourself:

put this on while you're making dinner tonight.

2 comments:

James and Helen said...

Kyrie - I love your blog. I really really do. Consider this my desperate cry for you to make mine beautiful. I REALLY NEED IT. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Dang girl. You know how to write! I love how you capture little moments with you words. You inspire me!