10.12.2010

positive pointing #53: our operation station


usually in the evenings, this is where Eric and I end up.

I adore it.

He works on his print under his decidedly-pixar lamp, scraping away with curious little tools. and I "waste" time on the internet researching countless things that I've been thinking about all day : recipes, craft ideas. I'll catch up on blogs that i like, and just generally pitter-patter all over. taking notes on what i find. all the while, constructing my to-do list for the next day. and every now and then one of us will break the silence with some useless piece of information which usually calls for some amount of action: a slice of cake, a glass of water, a bubbling laugh, a spinning around of my laptop so he can see, a read-aloud.

I know our evenings won't always look like this. The tides and our desires will turn and our evenings will start to look different. we'll commit ourselves to other people, other places, other activities --all lovely in their time.

but for this time, for right now sitting here in the eveings with eric is feeling alot like just what I've been waiting for.

3 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

Each newness and shift will indeed be lovely! enjoy every delicious bite you have of these moments, the rich new oneness that is marriage. It's such a treat<3
Thanks for letting me peer into your cozy evening bits! Love you!

kate said...

I like how you used "pitter-patter" and I can hear the bubbling sound you make when you are tickled about something. We are sort of where you two are-after the MAJOR hub-bub of kids, dame and i find we have a lot of time together to do our own "pitter-pattering"-

Henry said...

Kyrie, I like this alot, yes I do.