10.23.2010

positive pointing #54: party with my birthday presents!









thank you CHALICE! for my wonderful little somethings that arrived yesterday. thrilled to pieces because
(1) my birthday is still going 23 days later.

(2) i have a yellow, bean shaped (um. cute.) reusable bag with an attached baggie for it to fold into! GENUIS design!

(3) i no longer have to keep all my checks in that cold, creepy, navy blue, wanna-be snake skin cover. so cold and creepy i could never actually keep it in my purse. now i'll carry my checkbook with pride baby. pride.

(4) i have a tin box of dark chocolate covered "nibs". fun to eat, fun to say.

(5) my scarf collection just recieved beautiful new member. i think it's sort of the prom queen of the bunch. making the others a tad jealous.

(6) i can now wear my love for chalice in the form of at hearty, arty little pendant. insert heart swelling with pride here.


getting gifts like these makes me feel endlessly KNOWN. loved.

what gifts have made you feel known & loved?

3 comments:

kate said...

dame and i really enjoyed this. xo

linnea said...

There are these cheap, papery pumpkin decorations out this time of year, the autumn after we first got married I got a "Fall!" box from my mom with a few of these pumpkin things in it. It brought tears of joy to my eyes because I think she might have been the only person on the planet who knew how much I adore those things. And she always cares enough to remember the tiniest detail about me.

Also a few years ago Hayley, Ben's sister, had a photo book made for me with all the photos from our time in England together. She even included some of our memories in the book. It felt so special!

Oh or the time Sienna had a t-shirt screen printed for my 16th birthday that had Jack and Lucy on the front and on the back it said "It's a toss up."


I like this question because I love reminiscing about gifts, because people have been so sweet to me over the years!

Like, now that I'm older I get about 90% LESS attention on my birthday (like every other adult I suppose). And I was so mesmerized and touched this year when I received THREE non-relative gifts. You know who they were from? You, Sienna and Chal. You girls are too good to me. I absolutely adore my push pins and toasty pouch. I just felt so loved receiving that stuff. It's like as Sally Field would say: "They like me, they really like me!".

love you, Kyrie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday a friend gave me an Origami bird he created whose wings flap when you pull its tail. I don't know how known it made me feel, but it certainly gave me hope! - something about the whole soaring deal...

Thank you for your thoughtful questions and beautiful posts. You are a beautiful person, and I appreciate that you share that beauty with others. :o)

P.S. congratulations on (is that the right preposition??) getting married!

- Liz Anne