1.17.2012

Hunger Games: the day after


the thing i hate (detest, despise, absolutely abhor) about good books is that they always go away. and you have no one to blame but a back cover (for being there) and your own eyes for not moving slower. and what good would going slower do? the stack of pages grasped in my left hand would only get thicker no matter the pace of my pupils. I just finished reading The Hunger Games yesterday (Monday) after buying it Sunday afternoon. I was just starving, fighting, running, killing and now i'm back on my couch eating grapes with socks on. i hate that. and no, the phrase "all good things must come to an end" doesn't really cut it.

also feel like i should be able to say "bye" to someone; be able to write someone letters after such a departure or have a few handy photographs hanging around somewhere to remember and reminisce but Katniss isn't a someone. She's only words on a page. Isn't that heartbreaking to think about? I remember feeling this same way about Harry (Bella, Jonas, Frodo, Tom, Anne) once upon a time.

2 comments:

Sienna said...

is that the last one? do you think i would like them...i haven't started them cause they freak me out from what i've heard...

but yes, finishing a good book sucks bad. just sucks. plain and simple. loved all those memorable names you listed.. :)

my advice: pick up a copy of The Help asaP!!! You're for sure to find a half dozen besties in there.

Melanie said...

Ah kyrie- it's nice to have you back :) I felt just how you did when I finished the series. There was a lot of emotion to sift through! I feel like you said it all best, though. I'm happy you still write, I like your point of view and how you say things, I feel like it's how I would say things if I had an active blog -just 100xs better.

What other good books have you been reading? So in need of books to obsess over when I have my free time.