4.07.2011

#73 lady


Look what arrived at my door step today.



I decided to make the jump
from my half-hearted, wear it only on tuesdays, .27 ounce, roll-on perfume to the we-should-probably-exchange-vows, 4 ounce, spray version
after

(a.) eric told me it made me smell "powerful."
yes, i got power-hungry.

he also said it made me smell "yummy" but that didn't inspire me as much. I'd rather smell like a president than an oreo.


(b.) a woman came into my shop with a good-smelling perfume and, no lie, turned my day around. I even told her so. she smelled like sunshine and daffodils. it was a beautiful moment. smelling good is a kind, thoughtful thing to do, i found out.


(c.) my stunningly kind-hearted boss, Jill, gifted me a surprise "thank you" gift card. yes, out of the blue. for a girl who relies heavily on encouragement, that was like a blood transfusion to a wounded and dying solider. Or like a big cup of orange juice right after you wake up. or the sunshine finally breaking out from behind that impossibly-massive and cursed-slow-moving cloud.



(d.) i read the short paragraph on the packaging [see below]. I want to be graceful! and evidently,lucky for me, refining your character is only half the battle. you also need to smell like you mean it! right? yes! It's not perfume. It's an attitude.




such a pretty little duo.

yes.


amazing grace
philosophy: how you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. and so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big gigantic test followed by one big gigantic lesson. in the end, it all comes down to one word. grace. it's how you accept winning with losing, good luck and bad luck, the darkness and the light.

-via the box for AG.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Damien got me that size-i have lost the lid and it is in the glove compartment of my car-i am going to go get it right now and put it on my dresser so it will look all pretty again like yours xo

Unknown said...

darn again-above comment from kate (mom).

linnea said...

I want to smell that one! I sort of collect perfume...


Although I have to disagree with you...I'd rather smell yummy to my husband than like a president!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

excellent fragrance. i've never met a philosophy scent that i didn't LOVE.

Damien said...

your writing skills are major.

MOLLYmae said...

I love all things Philosophy, it's the truth! You should try their Purity 1-step facial cleanser. It brings me joy.