4.21.2011

#75 it's the little things

photo by annie huntington

1. a customer came back to wordshop over the weekend to drop off a bouquet of flowers for me. just to say "thank you for helping me with my wedding invitations". sunflowers and tulips. Overwhelmed by the sweetness of that gesture, I went home and wrote three thank you notes to some dear people in my life.

2. Eric and I bought 5 dozen eggs at Safeway last night after I picked him up from class. 5 dozen eggs. (Eric kept repeating this to me on the drive home. I just smiled blissfully.) I will be the happiest breakfast-eater for a good while. No more skimpy 2 egg-breakfast. I'm going for 3. If the three meals of the day were a social heirarchy, breakfast would be the king. If we're in ancient greece, I might make it a god.

3. Robin, my mama in law, made us a dinner for 2 last night. Salmon with mango salsa, sweet pototatoes and brown rice. Raspberry crepes for dessert. Oh the simple granduer of a colorful, carefully-prepared meal. And one good episode of 'Survivor' to top it off.

4. The weather is getting warmer and there's a bush on the front lawn that has bright white blooms popping out all over it. It's simply exploded over the last three weeks. Is there a better sight to see after my walk home after work? I think not.

5. My Las Vegas trip with Lauren Mae to see Miss Tobi Anderson is only 15 days away. 15 days. That's like two weeks plus one day. I can do that. The only thing I want to see in Las Vegas is Tobi. She's all the sparkle I need. But if we happen to see some city glitz, that's okay with me.

3 comments:

Sienna said...

5 dozen? well i guess easter is just this weekend. you're so strange!

grey rose (they/them) said...

flowers, eggs, mango salsa and vegas!?
high life, kyrie, that's what you're livin'!
xo

Anonymous said...

10 days and counting!! :D