3.09.2010

I'd like to use my hands again, please.


Sometimes

after I'm done struggling through a page of website coding
and when I'm in the thick of internet tutorials
or when the side of my thumb goes numb from clicking
and when I've been staring at a screen so long that it feels like
I'm running a temperature
and my eyes have a slight burning sensation
and my face feels ever so slightly
like it's sunburnt
from the light of my little laptop

I want desperately to draw again.
anything really.
like I used to.
before the computer occupied the space in front of my head
for more of the day than I'd like.

I want
the pencils. the chalk. the paper.
the smudge of lead on the side of my hand.
and a inexplicable smear across my cheek.

the whole bit of it.
I'd like to use my hands again, please.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, did you draw these? beautiful. :)

kate said...

who did these drawings?? answer please. xo

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

i did mama!

hannah said...

kyrie, you are so amazingly creative

kate said...

whooa kyrie. xomom