12.04.2012

Detox time: Day 5

Today begins the most intense days! My "afternoon snack" used to be a rice cake with almond butter. Now it's "2 scoops of nutritional shake mixed with 4 ounces of water and 4 ounces of unsweetened apple juice and 2 supplement capsules." Awesome. Basic diet for the next 3 days is raw/steamed cruciferous vegetables, spinach, apples, pears. Needless to say, today I was hungry.

I got home with a stronger headache than usual that put me in bed--not sleeping, just whimpering-- for a couple hours. When I hobbled out I steamed all the kale and brussel sprouts I could find and gobbled them up. Feel much better now.

Life centered around a healthy diet is all work, no play. At least for the first few days. Just spent the evening figuring out what tomorrow's meals will be and getting everything straight. That means washing the dishes so I had containers for tomorrow's lunch, rationing out the food in the fridge for each meal after that, cleaning up after making all my food (including picking up bits of chopped vegetable from all over the floor. how DOES it get everywhere?!) --regular food prep stuff I guess but it's after a long day of work and with work still needing to be done this evening. And feeling overall deflated from the whole thing.

How do people ever manage work, food AND children? Tell me that.

 
 Me and my huge, bulging (3rd) bag of leafy greens on my way home from Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh grocery store chain. What does 'Giant' or 'Eagle' have to do with food?) 
 (and the awkward smile on purpose. bear with me.)

No comments: