9.22.2010

positive pointing # 51: cell phone candids

My cellphones's picture library is stocked full of still-life shots. In fact, the other winter, when I came across an enormous herd of elk in mountains of colorado--just dozens and dozens. I'd never seen an elk, so I could barely breath---I was denied a photograph by my little red phone because I had 'reached my limit'. By the time I'd deleted the proper amount, (pictures of toasters and rocks) the herd, I'm sorry to say, had drifted out of an adequate 'shooting' range. blast.

I never capture faces. Just objects. Arrangements. One after another. I don't know why I take them. I hardly ever send or show them to anyone else. I remember when I got a new cell phone and the red-polo clad, Verizon man told me that they may not be able to transfer all my photos from my old phone to my new one. "what? really? can you try?" I was surprised by hint of anxiety that made my voice squeak a little towards the end of my request and how satisfied I was when almost 30 minutes later, the transfer was a success.


june 12, 2010 - Asheville, NC

I think I could base my entire life, a short novel, the entire interior of my home and maybe even all my hopes and dreams on this shot.

september 19, 2010- Denver CO

the pumpkin seed, lightly salted, could be my new almond.
partly because they may be 1/1000 of the price and just as curiously tasty. not to mention, slightly in-step with the new season.

June 1st 2010 - Denver, CO

The Perfect Petal
display window usually makes me stop--or at least slow--making me a perfect target for the steady and resolute stream of forward, 32nd-avenue walkers. It's a little dangerous but so worth the risk.

july 1st, 2010- Cambridge, MD

The first pie that my friend Annie has ever made.
haven't decided if it's completely inspired me or driven me to abandon all my pie-making endeavors completely. Either way, I haven't entertained the idea of pie-making since.



november 8th, 2008 -Philadelphia, PA

A poor little guy whose death gave the gift of a beautiful study on color, shape and line.


May 21, 2009 - Chattanooga, TN

Trying to figure out if TOMS made me feel like a ballerina, a ninja or a nonchalant outdoor enthusiast. in the end, they made me feel loved (as they were a surprise gift from eric during our summer apart)


1 comment:

emma! said...

love this post so much!