1.26.2009

one of those days


wires.books.my bedside table. but mostly my reading lamp which shines down on "bird by bird" every night before bed--a new habit of reading before bed time. very nice cause i drift off to sleep SO fast cause my eyes get tired. a good idea for any insomniac.


this bird gives a false impression of what january is really like. but i'm grateful nothingtheless to know that at least someone is cheerful about the cold days of january:)

snowed 9 inches today. thought i'd be snow bound all day. turns out, colorado had no idea it snowed at all. everything proceeded as usual.

to cut on utilities we're not using the heat. so henry wrapped the windows in plastic. works well!

heater. green piano. damp socks from the snow.


middens the cat. you'll either find her here or looping herself in and out of my legs getting cat hair all over my pants. i'm become nothing short of obsessive with the lint roller.


and ofcourse, eric. doing his homework like a good boy. it's the first time in about a year that we've done homework together with summer and him being off school last fall. today was a good doing-homework day:)

6 comments:

Sienna said...

i love these.... they're touching my heart. i love you. i can't wait to have a home and frame these for my walls. oh man...i love you so much and your eye.

James and Helen said...

It's so sweet to see the value in the little things Kyrie. In the green piano and the bird calendars. Savoring moments is an essential part of life :) keep it up. I love you

annie said...

reading before bed is a good idea, fer sure.

a lint roller obsession! haaa. oh friend, i have one of those. it's kind of a terrible, stifling sort of feeling, isn't it? and i bet a cat's worse than a bear. i mean dog.

also, that false impression of january does exist. it really does. it exists when you are sitting in a warm kitchen and you think about looking out a window. you don't actually look out a window, you just think about it. and there it is.

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

i don't have a warm kitchen. maybe that's the problem. hm. will work on that.

linnea said...

hmm, i know the feeling of "hey this ought to be a snowday" ..but the world goes on the same.

Actually two months ago we had a blizzard SO BAD that the airport closed (it was bad). The temperatures were like -65 with the windchill and the wind was gusting to 70 mph! We ALL got to stay home! The news actually said don't stay outside for more than 3 minutes if you want to live.

So my co-workers wrote on my facebook wall "SNOOOWWWWDDAAYYY!!!!"

and I smiled because that is what it takes to get a snow day in North Dakota!! (or in Colorado I'm guessing!!)

I love you and these pictures are fab

Anonymous said...

No heater? Oh man, I am such a wimp in the cold and snow! So, I feel you. When will it start warming up?
I LOVE the green piano picture!!