9.22.2008

finding form



*my friend jaeger reviewing her shots*






*lunch break*


*my teacher's beautiful hands*





*the group minus two girls who were lost*

on friday, our graphic design teacher took the class to a botanical garden. We drove far away from the city with our cameras and packed lunches and spent the entire day taking pictures of 'form'. Our assignment was to play with composition, space, patterns, lines, etc with plants and ALL the beautifulness in the garden. These are some of the shots i got. There's about 200 more i have to go through and edit.
It was an absoulutely gorgoeous day though. Got my fill of grass and trees and clean air so i can do this city thing for a while longer:)

6 comments:

annie said...

oy, that first shot is particularly mind-bogglingly beauteous. (the rest are too!)

this looks/sounds so wonderful.

linnea said...

Kyrie...wow! the pictures you took are REALLY well done. wheww...good gravy!!

I am so happy you can do THIS as school work. sounds great to me!

James and Helen said...

What a lovely respite from the city life I'm sure - you're shots are spectacular. And so are you!

I love you!

kate said...

ok this is a purely silly comment but everytime i see the first picture i come up with different explanations-this am it hit me that it is the day the Lord has returned (look at that sky!) and those fish were dead but are now bursting from their graves and ascending to heaven-see, very silly. I know what is actually happening in that photo but there are so many stories one could make up about it!!

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

mom you are so funny.! what the world.

Anonymous said...

These are great Kyr!!