3.03.2011

i never win these things. but you probably will.


So this pillow is going to be given away to a randomly-selected person. I never ever win stuff like this. It's in my genetic makeup.

bingo games, prizes, drawings, put-your-name-in-a-hat nonsense.


only ONCE was I was the randomly selected winner at my school to recieve a $15 Amazon gift card. ME! Randomly selected. I don't even remember what I entered. I felt so loved--finally--by the gods and goddesses of random.

So i bought a pair of green keds with red shoelaces out of sheer jubilation
and then later gave them to my sister.



But you, you can win this thing. You've done it before
and you can do it again. And upon winning this you will experience
a short, indestructible burst of sheer jubilation.
You will imagine yourself as Rosie the Rocketeer,
polka-dot headwrap and all.
You are an American. This is the land of opportunity.
You determine your destiny! Anything can happen!
It will last minutes or days. Maybe even weeks.
and you will feel loved by no one imparticular. but loved all the same.
but , above all, victorious.
because, out of everyone, you were picked!
or rather, randomly selected!

to give it a shot: go here
for the joy, love & victory of it all!

and I'll whistle and cheer from the sidelines with my $10 pillows from bed, bath and beyond, thankyouverymuch.

4 comments:

Damien said...

you have a much better chance of winning this ($100 say what?) pillow than anybody ever has of winning anything in the state lottery. go for it.

grey rose (they/them) said...

seriously, kyrie! go for it! xo

Mary Hendrickson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Hendrickson said...

I really do hope you finally win something, girl! This reminds me of the time Henry and I won back to back free dinners at Garbanzo. That's about as special as I'll ever be at winning something. :)