3.27.2009

my favorite new earrings



okay so
recently pearls have been my go-to earring. I can't wear dangly for very long but i wanted to wear earrings that brightened up my look alittle bit. after awhile, pearls began to feel too refined for my day-to-day but what other choice did I have? (i know, go buy different ones, buuut that takes money).
well, the solution showed up in my mailbox the other day. lego earrings from and made by my daddy! they're perfect. not too small and a fun bright color and totally playful and inventive. they're not at all too-refined! just fun little squirts of color that make people go, "are you wearing legos?" and then i get to say "yes! my dad made them!" and then they something along the lines of "my dad would never make me lego earrings!!" or "he MADE them? seriously??"

anyway, if you want some, ask my dad (mysixarrows@yahoo.com) and maybe you'll find a fun pair in your mailbox soon.


6 comments:

JLW said...

genius. i'm with the "my dad would never make me lego earrings" crowd, but i guess i don't love him any less for it! haha. i love them though, and they look amazing on you! :)

kate said...

Cool! You just made your papa's day! They should be called "squirts"- i like them a lot too. 10 necklaces or so are in Heidi's store.

annie said...

those are so-cool earrings. i need to get some holes in my ears. but it's so much cheaper to live without earrings. it's like not smoking cigarettes. or maybe not quite like that.

i like how those two pictures are really like one picture! magic!

faith said...

Yeah, it is so much easier to live without them. But sometimes I think it would be cool to be able to decorate my ears.

Your Dad is so clever and artistic.

Taryn Lamp said...

Those are awesome. what a neat idea.
I always think that i should make things like that, but i never get around to doing it.
if i knew how to ask your dad for some i would.
Also. i would love to have your current address.

kate said...

Taryn, kyrie gave Damien's address on this post.
As for getting around to it-Damien is 55 and just getting around to it-you have plenty of time.
Write Kyrie! She will love you for it!